167 ubi avenue 4 #02-01 S408787

Call Us

+65 6929 4735

Opening Hours

Monday to Friday 10 am – 7pm

Thinking of kicking off your career in Singapore? Well, you’re in luck! Singapore has been ranked as one of the best-ranking places in the world to start your career. The city is known for its world-class infrastructure, top notch healthcare system and high standard of living.  One of the reasons why Singapore is a great place to start your career is the diverse range of industries and job opportunities available. From finance and technology to healthcare and logistics, there’s something for everyone in Singapore.

So, are you ready to kickstart your career in the most vibrant and dynamic cities in the world? Hold your horses! Before you start packing your bags, you’ll need to apply for a Singapore work pass. In this article, we’re aiming to make it as simple, and as quick as possible for you to find all the information you need on how to apply for a work pass in Singapore. Without any further ado, let’s begin!

Types of Singapore Work Pass / Visas for Professionals

A job is a necessity for expats to cover costs like rent, bills, and leisure activities. However, you can’t just move to Singapore and start working right away. Instead, foreigners must obtain a valid work permit (based on their qualifications and work experience) to live and work in Singapore. 

Employment Pass (EP)

First things first, employment pass (EP). To apply for an employment pass,  you have to hold recognized qualifications and relevant work experience. You have to have a monthly salary of at least earn a minimum of SGD 5,000 (or SGD 6,000 if you’re a recent graduate from a recognized institution).  Once obtained, your EP is valid for 2 years and can be renewed for 3 years. Thinking of bringing your family members with you? Good news, you can bring them and renew their passes as long as they continue to meet the eligibility criteria. 

Personalised Employment Pass (PEP)

Moving on, personalised employment pass (PEP). It is a sort of employment pass that is not tied to any particular employer, which means you can switch jobs without having to reapply for a new pass. PEP holders can also bring their family members to Singapore and renew their passes as long as they continue to meet the eligibility criteria. Furthermore, it is also important to note that this work visa is for highly qualified foreign professionals who earn at least SGD 144,000 per year.


Last but not least, EntrePass. If you’re a budding entrepreneur with big dreams, then this might be just the work visa for you. This work visa is specialised for foreign entrepreneurs who want to start a business here. To be eligible to become this type of pass holder, you must have a business plan that meets certain criteria such as innovation, scalability and job creation. Not only that, it is also a must to have funding from a government-recognized venture capitalist or angel investor. 

Types of Singapore Work Pass or Visas for Skilled & Semi-Skilled Workers

How about the skilled and semi-skilled workers? Well, there are two types of work passes that may be helpful to your journey if you fall into this category; S Pass and Work Permit for Foreign Workers. Now, let’s dig more into it! 

S Pass

First up, we’ve got the S Pass or also known as Singapore Pass. Those foreign workers or mid-level technical workers earning a minimum monthly salary of SGD 2,200 are eligible to apply for an S Pass. Of course, not to forget, you also need to meet certain criteria, like having relevant qualifications and work experience. If you get approved for the S Pass, you’ll be able to work for a specific employer in Singapore for up to two years (renewable). You’ll also be eligible to bring your spouse and kids, and have access to all the awesome benefits or facilities that Singapore has to offer. 

Work Permit for Foreign Workers

Next, the Work Permit for Foreign Workers. This visa is also known as an employment visa as it allows unskilled foreign labourers to do blue-collar work. To be eligible, you have to have a job offer from a Singaporean employer, and your employer or appointed employment agent must apply for the work permit on your behalf. Unlike S Pass, you cannot bring your family along but you’ll have the chance to work hard, earn money and maybe even learn some new skills. 

Both the S Pass and the Work Permit are great options for skilled and semi-skilled workers who want to work in Singapore. Of course, applying for these work passes can be a bit of a hassle. Therefore, make sure you’ve got all your ducks in a row and meet the criteria before applying. You can also hire a Singapore Manpower Agency to apply for the permit or pass on your behalf. 

Work Pass Application

So, are you ready to get down to the nitty-gritty on how to apply for work permit or pass? Well, hold onto your hats, folks, because this is going to be a wild ride.

How to Apply for an Employment Pass in Singapore?

To get your employment pass game on, you need to make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria, which includes having a job offer from a Singapore employer and meeting certain salary and educational requirements. Once confirmed, you’ll need to gather all the necessary documents and information. Make sure you have copies of everything too, because you don’t want to be caught off-guard. 

Next, your employer will need to apply for the Employment Pass card on your behalf through the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) online portal. In the application form, they need to provide information about the company, the fixed monthly salary paid, the job you’ll be taking on along with your personal and professional details.

Documents Needed to Apply for Employment Pass

Documents such as your passport, educational certificates and proof of your work experience also need to be submitted.

Once submitted, it’ll be reviewed by the MOM. This process can take anywhere from several days to weeks, depending on the complexity. So, always keep an eye out! Once your pass is approved, voilà! You’ll be notified and can then proceed to complete the formalities such getting the pass issued to you and completing the necessary medical exams. 

How to Apply for S Pass in Singapore?

Do you belong to the skilled and semi-skilled workers group? If so, S Pass would be the best option for you. This work pass is slightly more straightforward and pretty convenient than some of the other passes. In order to apply for this, your employer has to apply on your behalf by submitting the application through Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM) website.

Documents Needed to Apply for S Pass

Supporting documents such as your passport, educational certificates and employment contract need to be submitted by your employer too. 

Now the waiting game begins! The processing time for the application to process usually takes around one to several weeks and you can check the status of your application online. Once approved, your employer can collect the S Pass from MOM. That’s it. Isn’t it as easy as pie? The application process can be a bit tedious but as long as you meet the eligibility criteria and provide all the necessary information, it should be a relatively smooth process. 

Contact a Work Pass Application Services Agency Today

If you’re an employer looking for a reliable construction worker agency, Singapore manpower agency or foreign worker agency, then look no further. Yuanyii Agency partners up with reliable foreign counterparts to provide you with the most suitable talents. Whether you need workers for construction, manufacturing or any other industry, we have a vast network of qualified candidates ready to work. Let our experienced teams save your time and help you out with the process. Contact us today and let us help you streamline your hiring process and find the perfect workers for your organization.