There has been an increase in the number of high-net-worth families establishing family offices as a method of wealth generation and inheritance. As families pass on to the next generation, they look for locations that will best satisfy their needs in implementing simple, complacent, workable, and tax efficient structures around the world. Singapore is first in this regard.
In order to apply for Singapore Family Office, you must meet the following criterias:
1. A minimum investment of SGD 10 million is required, as well as a dedication to grow assets up to SGD 20 million in two years. The process of generating wealth and the funding source should be properly explained. 10% of the investment value under management in every family office framework should be invested locally in Singapore.
2. The fund’s annual business expenses (including wages, mortgage payment, annual audit and tax accounting fees, finance charges, framework maintenance fees, and so on) hit SGD 200,000.
3. Each family office framework must have at least two finance managers, which can be family members with capital managerial experience. Family office managers can apply for EP to stay in Singapore.
4. In order for family office managers to apply for EP, applicants must not have criminal or other undesirable records, not be politically exposed (serving or associated), and not be residents of the United States or Canada
High-net-worth families can enjoy laidback generational succession by establishing a family office framework in Singapore and handling investments starting at SGD 10 million.
2. A simple arrangement involving the formation of two family office structures is eligible for tax exemption.
3. A family office structure gives you access to at least two EPs, which is a viable path to Singapore permanent residency and, eventually, citizenship